The contract between employees and employers are the most complicated legal relationships to enter into and when they are in jeopardy the same skills are needed to help resolve disagreements. Solomons Legal can assure you with a highly reliable practical approach to solving your employment problems promptly and cost effectively.
We represent directors, senior executives, managers, partners and shareholders as well as employees encountering employment difficulties.
In appropriate cases we may offer a no win no fee agreement in the form of a Contingency Fee Agreement.
We firmly believe in practical solutions tailored to meet your end objectives and we are experienced in dealing with your employment issues from a commercial viewpoint and offer you a clear, step by step advice on dealing with all aspects of
employment issues including:-
- Recruitment and Termination.
- Breach of Contract - We can ensure that you obtain the correct remuneration and conditions under your Contract of Employment. We can explain matters to you and if appropriate, issue a claim either in the County Court or the Employment Tribunal.
- Wrongful Dismissal - Such claims can be particularly useful when dealing with substantial fixed term contracts or contracts with substantial notice periods.
- Unfair Dismissal - is by far the most common type of claim. We can fully advise you on whether or not a claim for unfair dismissal is of merit and is most likely to succeed. We can provide first stage advice when a disciplinary procedure starts, all the way up to full representation at the Employment Tribunal and the Employment Appeal Tribunal.
- All kinds of Discrimination and Victimisation including age, sex and racial discrimination and other Tribunal claims. Discrimination is a growing area of law. The Disability Discrimination Act ("DDA") has imposed substantial obligations on employers when dealing with workers who have a disability. Often workers will not be fully aware of their rights under the DDA or even whether or not they are covered by the DDA. We can assist you both in negotiations with your employer, advice and ultimately proceed to making an application to the Employment Tribunal.
- Disciplinary and Grievances. We can advise you on whether or not your employers are following the correct disciplinary process. We can advise you on how to prepare and deal with the disciplinary process and any subsequent appeals.
- Handling dismissals of senior executives and employees.
- Redundancy issues -If you are in the unfortunate position of being made redundant, we can check your redundancy calculation for you. We can approve and countersign your Compromise Agreement and advise you in respect of the same. We can ensure that the redundancy is a genuine redundancy and not an unfair dismissal.
- Drafting compromise agreements and negotiating severance packages.
- Drafting contracts of employment, company handbooks and employment & disciplinary procedures.
- Protecting your customer base and confidential information - restraint of trade
- Transfer of Undertakings -TUPE issues in business transfers.
If your particular problem is not listed above, we may still be able to help you, so please contact us.
We are happy to discuss your case and give an outline of the likely costs involved for the services you require. To find out more please